Community of Neighbors since 1924


Parkwood Drive Civic Club Deed Restrictions Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. Why do we have deed restrictions in Riverside Terrace?

A1: A primary purpose of most deed restrictions is preserving the residential character of a subdivision. A deed restriction is a limitation on how you can use your property. Deed restrictions can limit what you do on your property as well as what you can build on your land.

Q2. Are the Riverside Terrace deed restrictions enforceable?

A2: Yes. The City of Houston’s Legal Department and the Courts enforce recorded deed restrictions. The City of Houston is not zoned. Therefore, the State Legislature and City Council have authorized the City to help with enforcement of recorded deed restrictions for the protection of neighborhoods, for the benefit of all residents, citizens, and taxpayers of the City, and to promote the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of the City. The Parkwood Drive Civic Club oversees the deed restrictions for Riverside Terrace.

Q3. How can I get a copy of the deed restrictions for a property located in Riverside Terrace?

A3: Unofficial copies of our deed restrictions are posted on the Parkwood Drive Civic Club website at The official recorded deed restrictions can be obtained from the Harris County Clerk’s Office at 713.755.6405. If you wish, a copy may be obtained in person at the Harris County Clerk’s Office located downtown in the Harris County Civil Courthouse, 201 Caroline, 3rd Floor, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Q4. Does Riverside Terrace have one set of deed restrictions for the entire area?

A4: No. Our deed restrictions vary by sections within our subdivision. There are several differences in requirements, therefore it is important that you obtain the deed restrictions for your section.

Q5. Who do I contact to report deed restrictions violations?

A5: You may contact the Parkwood Civic Club Deed Restrictions Committee chair, Charic Daniels Jellins at Or, you may report a complaint directly with the City.

Q6. What happens if I violate the deed restrictions?

A6: Non-compliances will be addressed and, if necessary, formal action will be taken.

Q7. Do I need to contact the Parkwood Drive Civic Club Deed Restrictions Committee if I’m going to make modifications like add onto to my property, add a pool, add a garage apartment or build a new property?

A7: Property owners are responsible for ensuring compliance with the deed restrictions. A best practice is to contact the Parkwood Drive Civic Cub Deed Restrictions Committee prior to making modifications or building a new property to address questions in order to avoid potential violations.

The Committee is available to review proposed plans to ensure compliance. The application for Deed Restrictions Committee Plan Review is available on the Parkwood Drive Civic Club website. You may contact the Parkwood Civic Club Deed Restrictions Committee chair, Charic Daniels Jellins at to request a review.

The ParkwoodDrive Civic Club is a voluntary neighborhood association serving the community since 1924. This deed restricted neighborhood in the heart of Houston is bounded by the intersection of South MacGregor Way and Texas State Highway 288. It is east of the Texas Medical Center and Hermann Park,and south of Interstate 45 (Gulf Freeway). You're close to everything that matters - the Medical Center, parks, museum district, universities, restaurants and so on.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software